- Battery check - Aging batteries should be thoroughly checked for proper operation. Batteries lose cold cranking power as they age and can be adversely affected during the hot summer months nearly as much as in the winter. Corrosion on battery terminals can cause trouble during start-up as well. Any build-up on battery terminals and cable ends should be removed to ensure good contact between the two. If your battery is more than 3 years old, or if you have had some trouble starting your car, have your battery tested at your Denver car repair facility and replaced if necessary.
- Tires - Check tire pressure frequently as temperatures can fluctuate greatly from the start of spring until summer swings in. Your tires have likely taken a beating while driving through ice and snow and the subsequent potholes that often follow the winter weather wallops. Have tires inspected for signs of damage such as cracks and bubbles as well as normal wear. Replace tires as needed. At Groove, we have a great selection of tires and auto parts for sale in Denver for all make and models.
- Suspension - Tires are not the only parts that get taxed during the winter. Your vehicle's suspension, both front and rear, also gets pounded. Spring is the perfect time to have all components inspected by a qualified technician to assess any wear to shocks, struts and other suspension components. Repair or replace worn components as needed to improve ride control and ensure maximum life from your tires. And don't forget to have the wheels aligned, which is required after many suspension repairs.
- Exterior Care - Salt, sand and other materials used to melt ice and snow on winter roadways will serve to improve traction and make winter driving safer. But these compounds will do nothing to improve the finish on your vehicle. Don't neglect the exterior of your vehicle. In the spring, thoroughly wash and wax your vehicle's exterior to protect and preserve the finish. Groove auto offers a new product called Permaplate. This product is offered through any of our Denver auto finance offices at any of our four locations.
- Cooling system - Your vehicle's cooling system is critical to the proper operation of your vehicle, even as the warmer months approach. Ensure that antifreeze and cooling system components, including belts and hoses, are ready for the warm weather months. Having your cooling system flushed and refilled with fresh antifreeze will prepare your vehicle for the summer season.
- Fluid check - Many fluid checks should be performed on a monthly basis, or even more frequently than that. Check level and condition of engine oil, transmission fluid (if vehicle is equipped with transmission dipstick), power steering and brake fluid as well as windshield washer fluid. Be certain to follow your vehicle's normal service schedule for all fluid changes or replacements.
- Windshield Wipers - Sun, rain, snow, ice, salt and road grime all contribute to the deterioration of your windshield wiper blades. Worn wiper blades can certainly have a negative effect on vision during all types of weather. Replace worn windshield wiper blades and don't forget to top off your windshield wiper fluid.
Groove Auto, your Denver car dealer, would like to give you a few pointers on refreshing your vehicle after a harsh winter. Doing these simple tasks can help increase the longevity of your car and help prevent costly repairs.